When using Polyvore, you should:
- Have fun! :)
- Be creative and original
- Share your sense of style and your artistic talent
- Give people constructive feedback -- if you don't have anything nice or helpful to say, then don't say anything at all
- Respect other people's views and beliefs
- Do NOT create adult content. No pornography, full frontal nudity, or sexually explicit language.
- Do NOT promote violence or use hateful speech. No racist sets or comments.
- Do NOT bully, harass, abuse, stalk, or threaten other people. No sets that are mean to other people.
- Do NOT upload photos of other people without their permission.
- Do NOT upload photos of yourself unless you are okay with other people using those photos. All items on Polyvore are considered public, meaning anybody else is free to use them. If you're not comfortable with this, then please don't upload your private pictures in the first place.
- Do NOT create or upload content that infringes on any copyright, trademark, or patent.
- Do NOT break any laws or participate in any illegal activities.
Sets and items that violate these rules will be deleted, and people who abuse Polyvore may have their accounts deleted. If you have inadvertently or accidentally created sets that violate Polyvore's guidelines, please try to delete them in the next 7 days. After that, we'll start to be more strict about deleting the accounts of people who are creating adult sets or who are being mean to people. If your set contains a copyrighted item and the copyright owner asks us to remove the item from Polyvore, you'll be given the opportunity to delete the item from your set or replace it with something else.
If you come across sets or items that violate the rules, you can report them by clicking the "Report abuse" link on item/set pages.
Thank you for being a member of the Polyvore community and for helping to keep it a fun and friendly place!
UPDATE: We posted some clarifications and updates in response to all your questions.