Following on from Carrie’s boyish body shape we will now explore Samantha Jones’ hour glass figure.
Samantha is a high-powered businesswoman who wears suits and bold colours such as citrus, ruby reds and neon colours to reflect her powerful and feisty persona. She sometimes wears white or black, but rarely wears earthy tones. For work we see Sam wearing body con figure hugging dresses that accentuate her curvy body shape, whilst at night she wears more revealing yet demure outfits that show off her sexy figure and personality.
She has the most sought after body shape, which is perfectly proportioned both upper and lower with a defined waist.
Key: As with Marilyn Monroe you will ooze sex appeal with your hour glass figure, be sure to make a statement with each outfit by highlighting your favourite body parts such as your cleavage, arms or legs (remember ladies don’t show all at once), try too choose outfits that flaunt your figure but never show too much.
What to wear?
* Tailored two-piece suits worn together or separately. On the latest SATC movie belts were hot property and we saw Samantha clinch her waist with a large belt to accentuate the smallest part of her sexy hourglass figure.
* Skirts are a must-have to show off those long legs, these can either be straight pencil skirts teamed with a tailored shirt or full skirts teamed with a figure hugging top, balance is the key here.
* Dresses that are nipped in at the waist show off your figure perfectly.
* To show off your figure make sure you opt for stilettos as they give shape to the calf and elongate legs, try this seasons statement shoes.
* You can also add personality through bold and flash accessories, the more flamboyant and over the top the better, think chunky gold bracelets, large chandler earrings and over sized clutches.
This post is also for ladies with fuller figures who can also follow these guidelines. Don’t be shy to wear skirts or dresses, just opt for ones that have a flared detailed or a fitted front panel to hide any lumps. If wearing dresses make sure to wear a belt to clinch in the waist and to give the illusion of an hourglass figure.
When wearing coats or jackets go for those with flared sleeves or arms that fall at bracelet length to disguise full arms.
**Next week we will look at Miranda’s body shape
Samantha. by ladyinthestreet featuring CHANEL earrings