It's been an amazing and fun-filled year for us, so we'd like to take a moment to recap the highlights:
- Polyvore's audience has grown to 6 million unique visitors/month. That's a more than 2.5x increase from last year!
- We jazzed up the Polyvore editor with the addition of the rotate tool, custom background tool, Twitter integration, and Facebook Connect.
- Shoppers can more easily find the hottest products from the coolest stores thanks to product search and a new Shop homepage.
- Our team grew from 7 people to 12 people. And we're still hiring, so check out our Jobs page!
- We raised $5.6 million in Series B funding from Matrix Capital and Benchmark Capital.
- The Polyvore community unleashed their inner Lady Gaga, styled Katherine McPhee, and impressed Katy Perry.
- 2009 saw the beginning of great partnerships with brands like Coach, Calvin Klein, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Piperlime, Gap, Zappos, Barney's, Lancome, Nike, Universal Pictures, and many more.
- Polyvore was written up in the New York Times, AdAge, WGSN, and The Independent.
To celebrate, here are some of our favorite love letters from the community:
"I love Polyvore so much and I don't know what I would do without it! You guys gave me the inspiration I needed to go to Fashion Design school. I start school on the 4th of January. "We enjoy hearing from you, so keep your feedback and thoughts coming. We can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays with you!
"I have waited to long to send this email, given the hours of enjoyment that I get on Polyvore. I truly think this is the best site on the web. It isn't only the extraordinary creativity, or the wealth of beautiful clothes we get to choose from to make our sets. I have rarely, if ever, seen such a supportive population. I have made friends from all over the world and been allowed to see their visions. I have learned of other cultures. I just turned fifty years old yesterday, so another beauty of this is that age has no relevancy here!"
"Last year I was not the coolest kid in school. I was always getting made fun of on account of how I dressed. But then I found out about Polyvore last summer and wow. And the next school year I had so much more fashion sense! So now, instead of getting picked on, I get complimented on what I'm wearing."
The Polyvore Team