Dear Polyvore community,
Today we’re rolling out some design changes that are based on weeks of surveying the Polyvore community. Here’s what’s new:
Bigger, bolder header that gives you easy access to the important sections of the site. Many of you said the old tabs were hard to find and not that pretty. We hope this makes it simpler, cleaner and clearer for everyone.
- Top = Top Sets
- Following = Sets & collections from people you’re following
- ♥s = Likes from people you’re following
- Activity = Recent activity & contests (this section is unchanged from before).
Streamlined layout for Top Sets, Following, and ♥s. Many of you said it took too long to scan sets in stream view. Many of you also wrote in about it being harder to like your friends' sets and getting less likes in return. So, we’ve opted for a larger grid view that makes it easier to view, discover and like more of your friends’ sets.
Four weeks ago, we launched the new design to 10% of all visitors. That’s 1.1 million people! We asked people to directly email us back with their feedback. Thank you to the hundreds of people who wrote back with detailed feedback that allowed us to improve on the design. We made a lot of improvements during this period.
Two weeks ago, we increased the percentage to 20%. That’s 2.2 million people in total. Instead of getting direct email feedback, we asked people to fill out a survey based on the detailed member feedback. The survey showed that many more people liked this design and preferred it over the previous layout.
On top of that, we analyzed site metrics. Tools like Google Analytics let us measure whether people are using certain features or not. We found that this new design increased likes by 28%, made the homepage more sticky, and increased site usage all around.
- A way to comment on sets from the homepage. This was a #1 request in the survey. We’re working on it!
- A better way to browse Art and Interior Design sets. These communities are very important to us, so we’re working on a solution that lets you see top sets for these categories.
- Tell us what else you want by leaving a comment here on the blog.
The Polyvore Team