One of the most unique qualities of the Polyvore community are the friendships that are built between members from all around the world. Many of you have expressed interest in meeting other members in person, and some of you have already been meeting for years! Through meetups, you can share your Polyvore stories, build greater friendships, exchange tips and tricks, and spend time with people who share your interests. We're always eager to learn about your meetups, and so is the rest of the Polyvore community!
Today we're excited to announce our meetup page at Meetup.com/Polyvore. We’d love to help you, the community, build even stronger bonds by empowering you to host your own events. We hope that this site will make it a breeze to find and meet new members in your area.
- Start or find a community: Go to the Polyvore “Meetup Everywhere” page to see if there is a meetup in your area. When you find one in your area, you can join it.
- Check out the community and join it by clicking on the “Join us, get updates” link. You can leave comments or suggestions to start a conversation or add to one about a meetup.
- If you do not see a community meetup in your area, you can start one. Use the search bar on the top right to search your city. If your area does not come up, you get it started by clicking on the “Start a new community” link. After that, anyone in your area can find your community and join it.
- Organize a meetup: To organize a meetup in your area, schedule a date, time and location, and add details about the type of meetup you would like. Make sure to title your meetup!
- Spread the word: When you’ve worked out the details, you can create a set to promote the event with a link to the meetup page. Contact us at email@example.com to let us know the meetup has been confirmed. We can work with you to spread the word and we’ll send you a Polyvore Meetup package for your event.
Use the #PolyvoreMeetup hashtag. We’ll follow the conversation and help promote your meetup. Be sure to send us pictures from the meetup (to firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can spotlight your event! Check out some of the past member hosted meetups in Chicago, Southern California, and Atlanta.
The Polyvore Team