We just released a new version of Polyvore to the App Store with improvements including:
1. Smoother and faster loading pages, especially on slow and choppy networks
2. Set (and product) description preview
3. Notification counts on activity and mailbox
4. Deleting and editing set descriptions directly from the set page
5. Quick previews of set like counts on your own profile... and more!
Get the new app here.
We hope you enjoy this update -- thanks again and please continue to send in feedback!
UPDATE: Thanks for all your feedback. We're working on some of the issues around your reports about slowness. We've identified some of the root causes and we're on it! Please continue to give us feedback.
Dear Polyvore Community,
Today, we’re excited to share a new version of the Polyvore iPhone app that makes it easier, faster and more fun to find and browse what you love. Our goal was to make the app simpler and cleaner, and to make it easier for you to quickly discover, shop and create the latest trends on the go.
Here are some of the things we’ve changed:
Simpler, cleaner design. Mobile apps are best when they’re simple! We got feedback that horizontal scrolling was confusing, so we changed the Feed to scroll vertically. Based on feedback from our many beta testers, we found that this is much easier and faster to use. While we were at it, we took the time to make our design feel more streamlined and modern.
Double tap to like sets and items. This makes it quick and easy to like your favorite sets! The sets are also slightly larger, so it’s easier to see all your beautiful creations. And check out our fun little heart animation when you double tap.
Items in your Feed. We've now added items to your stream, which allows you to easily discover the cool new products your friends are liking. This also makes Polyvore’s app experience closer to the desktop experience. To filter to just items or sets, you can tap the Filter button in the top-right corner of your Feed.
Here’s a quick FAQ to answer questions we were commonly asked by our beta testers:
- Where is Shop?
- Shopping is now in the Browse tab. You can now shop by trend or shop by category (shoes, dresses, etc.)
- Where are Top Sets? And editorial features?
- Top collections and features can be found under Top Picks in the Browse tab
- How do I search?
- The search bar is also in Browse, where you can still search for sets, collections and members
- Added bonus: Now you can search for hashtags, too!
- Plus, to make it easier to find what you love, we save your most recent searches to help you when you’re searching for it again
- How can I filter my Feed?
- The “Filter” in the top right corner of your feed lets you choose what you want to see: creations, likes, items or all
- Where can I find the set descriptions?
- To see detailed descriptions, you can click on the “i” info icon on sets and items
As always, let us know if you have feedback or suggestions for how to make Polyvore better. We’ll be reading your comments carefully and will respond here on the blog with any updates.
Download it here.
The Polyvore Team